Kensal Green Under Fives Group is a nursery based in Mortimer Road near Kensal Green tube station in North West London. We currently have around 36 children between the ages of 20 months and five years in our care.
The nursery is managed on a not for profit basis by parents and staff. We all own it. We decide policy for the nursery. Parental and staff involvement is not only valued, it is expected.
Making a choice to have your child in this nursery means you take responsibility, along with the staff, for the continued existence of the nursery.
Choosing our community nursery means that you have made an ethical choice for a community organisation that promotes and values diversity and inclusiveness.
Valuing fairness, we believe, creates the best possible environment for the education and care of children.
The nursery income comes from fees and the fundraising efforts of staff and parents. We try to keep our fees as low as possible so that we are accessible to all members of the community.
- A specially tailored curriculum leading to approved learning outcomes
- Individual care and attention made possible by a high staff ratio
- The support of a personal key worker
- Opportunities for you and your family to be directly involved
We aim to:
- Enhance the education and development of children
- Provide a safe, secure, and stimulating environment.
- Work within a framework which ensures equality of opportunity for all